We are calling on Kingston Council, our MPs, Government and Mayor of London to take action to stop the destruction:
Specifically we call on Kingston Council to:
1. Issue an Article 4 direction on the filter beds site to prevent further permitted development
2. Use its powers under section 39 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 to come to a management agreement with the site’s owners.
3. To arrange access for independent ecological, biodiversity and heritage experts to provide an up-to-date report on the state of the site.
We call on the GLA and Mayor of London to:
4. Commit to continue to designate the site as Metropolitan Open Land.
We call on MPs and the Government:
5. To support community calls for the the site to be classified as a Local Nature Reserve and/or Scheduled Monument.